Sunday 29 September 2013

Old Portlethen to Downies, Aberdeenshire

Pete was helping at a Diving event in Portlethen, so I decided to head for Old Portlethen for a walk. These sparrows were sitting on the hedge at the car park. It was a glorious sunny day.
 I can hardly believe my luck with the amount of sun shine this year.



The houses are built close to the water. The grass is someones garden



I loved this Fushia hedge


To get to the next village you have to walk through England Farm. Wonder how it got its name?


That's the village of Downies in the distance where I was headed


The farm track took me to another farm.


I saw a Painted Lady. The first this year


Still a lot of Wild flowers around




 
This Spootie Well is in Downies. It took until 1965 to get connected to the water supply which surprised me.


 
 
 
 

This is looking back to Old Portlethen
 
 
This was a bit scary. I decided to not walk along the cliff path
 
 
I did, walk a little way down


Some brave people continued on this path but not me!!!


Cammachmore Bay


I took a drive up the coast towards Aberdeen. This is Cove, down by the Harbour


Seems to be a busy harbour, lots of colourful boats



Its so nice being near the sea.



I wonder where this ship is going?

No comments:

Post a Comment