Saturday 28 September 2013

Drum Castle

I used to live in Aberdeen and take our children to Drum Castle. It was good to meet up with some old friends and visit the area again.

 
I think these are cheese presses


The old well for the castle.


Alison took Ann and I on a wonderful walk.


I had forgotten how lovely the area is



The walk took us to this wonderful view point looking west.


This is the same view point looking south west


The sun continued to shine


This caterpillar rolled itself up for protection


This sunflower appeared at the side of the path. No gardens in sight

 
The last part of the walk took us through the ancient Woods of Drum


We had lunch at The Woodend Barn which is an Arts Centre in Banchory. The cafĂ© is called Buchanans and I highly recommend it. I had Tomato and Coconut soup which was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment