Thursday 7 November 2013

Queen's View and The Whangie


A walk I've been meaning to do for ages. I left Dunblane in sunshine and drove through torrential rain. I thought I would have to abandon this choice but as I arrived at the car park it cleared 


 
Its quite steep at first but I took it slowly and to be honest it was easy to keep stopping to admire the fabulous view. Queen Victoria caught her first glimpse of Loch Lomond from here

 
Every direction was breath taking
 

Heading up to Queens View


That looks an interesting walk?


Loch Lomond..... Absolutely beautiful

 
It was a bit misty but the sun was trying to come out
 

The path hugged the side of the hill


The photos are not giving the true picture. It was much more spectacular being there


It kept changing all the time
 
 
Heading back to the car. I think this is Strath Kelvin
I think this walk was one of my Highlights this year..........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment