Friday 20 September 2013

Abernethy Glen

On my way to Abernethy I stopped to take a photo of this hedge sculpture in Dollar

 



Abernethy Round Tower
 

The metal collar was used as a pillory for those who infringe church rules. I wonder who was the last person to wear it for real?



 
I headed up the Glen via Kirk Wynd


Love the name of this road although its sad as women who were accused of being witches were led along here to be burned. Their ashes were scattered on Abernethy Hill


Its a beautiful attractive path


The views over Tayside are fantastic. Another wonderfully sunny day



Castlelaw Hill across the glen


This is the farm called Craigton. I turned right along the road


The climb up Castlelaw is steep


but so worth it


I could see for miles



Looking up the Tay to Dundee


A Pictish sculptured stone at the bottom of Abernethy Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment