Friday 6 December 2013

Dollar to Pitgober House

 
A walk in Dollar today. I hadn't realised there is such a good view of Castle Campbell from the Main Street

 
I walked past this wood carving on West Burnside beside the Castle Campbell Hotel
 
 
The path is really narrow here
 
 
I passed the rugby fields. There are a lot of new houses being built near here. Its a lovely situation to live
 

 
This is the building site
 


 
The weather was just lovely
 


 
I loved this view. You can just make out the Wallace Monument
 

 
The path comes out beside Pitgober House. I turned left when I got to the Road
 
 
Then it heads back to Dollar over 4 set aside fields
 

 
Lovely walk. I got the walk in a booklet called "Look Aboot Ye". According to one of my colleagues, it was said by Robert the Bruce to his men because he had lost a glove? Its a great walking booklet with Clackmannanshire Ramblers' walks

1 comment: