Monday 4 March 2013

Dunblane Skatepark

I've not been well today. So poorly I couldn't get to my work. This left me with a dilemma. Should I walk today? I'm walking for my health as I have very poor breathing capacity. Would I make myself iller? I swithered all day, not feeling like doing anything except getting better. A hot bath saw me improved so at 5:30 I decided I would just have a short walk to get some fresh air. So just out of the house and across to the skatepark in the Laighhills. And I'm glad I did because it blew the cobwebs out.

But I had to take photos in the almost dark so the streetlights are on. Well they are different. Pete came with me to keep an eye on me and see I never overdid it. How sweet. What is he after?

This is the lane that crosses the old railway track to Doune. I'll get photos in the light later in the year as it is the starting point of many walks from the house. The hedges each side are so different.


And just around the corner you can see the old railway line on he left, now used as someones drive. Pete said he would look out an old map to see where it used to go - could make a good walk.


As you cross the faery bridge the view upriver is always stunning.


And across the lower football pitch as we walked up the hill to the skatepark.


The skatepark is almost totally hidden away by broom and comes as a surprise now. It's good to see it again but I'm glad to have it out of my life. It took over for many years as we were pushing to get it built.

No comments:

Post a Comment