Thursday 14 March 2013

Kyleakin Harbour and Caisteal Maol

Well this is my last walk on Skye and a quieter one. We just walked out of the cottage and around the harbour to the castle.
This is what it looked like at high tide a few days ago



But you cannot walk to it at high tide so you have to wait until the tide is out. It was out this afternoon. It also seems like the weather is broken as we had a little bit of drizzle for some of the time. But it still felt warm and the there was next to no wind. I didn't want to do a big walk as I'm still feeling the effects of my cold and my breathing is nay so good.

But here is the view at low tide today
 

We saw this boat on the way round where you cross the dried out bay behind the harbour. You only need a "ne" Johanne and you are ready to go. If James says anything about the topsides being good but the bottom being flaky slap him - I slapped Pete.



You get a great view of the harbour from the castle and it is looking quite busy this afternoon.
 


While we were at the castle a group of canoeists came in and were collected by a man towing a canoe trailer. This was the first guy to arrive.


And when you walk back round the harbour you look along the Obe (An t'Obbe) which is a tidal inlet. At high tide this is full of water.
 

Well that is my last walk on Skye probable for a while. I've enjoyed them all and seen some amazing places. The weather has been brilliant and I've loved it. Where tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment