Monday 4 February 2013

Telford Bridge over the Bannock Burn, Bannockburn

What a strange day today for the weather. Sunshine, hail, snow, howling winds and calm. It seemed to change by the minute. I managed to get sunshine for the walk. Whooppee. This was a small park in Bannockburn right by the Bannock Burn. The bridge the main road crosses here is a Telford Bridge and you do not see the splendour of the bridge until you go down to the park.

 

Ooohhhh! I've managed to get in this photo.
Looking at this track I'll have to bring my bike next time.

 
 And here is the bridge in all its splendour. Stunning. Telford did so many bridges. I wonder if anyone has blogged them all?
 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing bridge! We were in Dunkeld on Sunday and there is a Telford Bridge there as well I think? Anyway - you are doing a fantastic job of making our surrounding area look really picturesque and interesting Jo - i'm loving reading about your walks!

    ReplyDelete