Sunday 17 February 2013

St Catherines Forest, Loch Fyne

Out with the divers again today and it's back to St Catherines Reef. The weather was tremendous with a good sun all morning and patchy cloud in the afternoon. And it was warm. I headed North East from the dive site for my first walk - I got in two again today. I followed the coast path and then along to St Catherines village and went up the the forest behind the old hotel. What a shame it has fallen into such disrepair. I climbed quite high in the forest and got some great views of the loch and the mountains beyond.

Beside Loch Fyne as I set off. This path runs along between the road and the sea.
 


Why do they dive to see wrecks? You can see Inveraray across the watta. (say that with a glasga accent)


Now this could make an interesting walk but I need to train some more.





This is Dunderave Castle which is on the other side of the loch. I think it is now a private residence after being renovated. It is the seat of MacNaughton clan.
 
 
And when I got back the divers were waiting to go for another dive. So I ate my lunch and I went for another walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment