Wednesday 20 February 2013

Glen Road, Bridge of Allan

I tried to walk up the Glen Road from Bridge of Allan but there was such a huge hole I had to detour. The road was closed to traffic in 1987 after a landslide. There was a another big landslide in December 2011 but that has been repaired by volunteers. So there has been another since.

Now this is a hole

And from the other side. There is a house beside it which would worry me.
 

And a bit further along the road was this sign where I turned back. I only had 20 minutes and you are never sure of phone reception when you fall down a big hole.
 

Someone once lost their whole tennis court into a hole further along here. Judy Murray has bought a house near here so Judy beware.



 This joins the Darn Walk
 

Not sunny today but it was a nice dry day and not too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment