Monday 11 August 2014

Doune to Callendar


I decided to walk all the way to Callander from Doune today. I had already walked from Doune to Dunblane and I thought I might, with a bit of organisation and help from Pete walk all the way up to Killin in stages, as I have a lot of time on my hands over the next few weeks being off work waiting for my cataract operation. I had to walk beside the road for a short while.


past the Antique Centre

Ah!  this was the sign I was looking for. Its a wee back road from Doune
The weather forecast was terrible this day. I had friends phoning me who were stuck in a hotel up North as the road was flooded. I was lucky and had great walk with only slight rain and wind.It was about 8 miles and took about 3 hours,  Pete came to collect me in Callander and I started to plan the next stage of my Long Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment