Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sauchenford Smallholdings

I decided to explore Sauchenford today as I drove back to Stirling from Cowie

 
Its a quiet wee hamlet., full of horses and tracks which are used by horse drawn carts
 

It surprised me how many houses where here.


Mm....I wonder how I get to walk in those woods? I think there called Engine Woods?

 
More great fungi. I didn't realise that different fungus prefers certain kinds of trees. Not sure what this is
 

Not sure if its edible. If it was, it would be a feast. With the price of food going up so quickly I believe people will forage more on wild food. I've seen a lot of people out picking food this year.


One thing I couldn't eat......horses. The meat is sold a lot in Switzerland I noticed while I was there.

 
Reluctantly heading back to the car after a lovely walk

No comments:

Post a Comment