Sunday 10 February 2013

The Pineapple and Dunmore Estate, near Airth

This was a walk I found on the web - here. The walkhighlands site is really good and gives me a description of the walk which I like having. I went with two friends today as it was Sunday and we could. It was a bit windy and rainy at times with some sleet at the end but it was mostly dry, if a little muddy. Well ok it was very muddy and I didna' have ma wellies. So we didn't take a close up look at the Elphinstone Tower which was a shame.


 How do you build a roof like this? It's fabulous. Reminds me of an early 60's hairstyle.
 
 

The date it was built is over the door - 1761
 

This is the Elphinstone Tower which was the family home of the Elphinstones. It was built in 1510.


 
I love these signposts. They make it so hard to choose where to go
 
 
This is an avenue of redwoods. The barrier is probably to prevent vehicular access so there is now a track going round the tree and back onto the path on the other side
 

The walk turns at the village of Dunmore which is lovely. Well worth a visit and a walk around.
This creek was probably used for boats once upon a time

 
 
and then we walked back to the car and home for a lovely lunch my other quarter had prepared
(aahh, I love fantasies)

No comments:

Post a Comment