Wednesday 6 February 2013

Shore Road, Airth

I walked down Shore Road in Airth then along the embankment to the right, following the coastal path. Very sunny and beautiful views across to Clackmannan. There were great views of the new bridge which I want to walk over.

I started at the Pigeon Club. Never knew there was one before.
 

Down Shore Road
 

And reached the edge of the Firth

 

Choosing the path was fun - I took the one marked "Path"
 

 
And followed the bank along towards the power station in the distance
 
 
The other way
 
 
Was this an old pier or an old wreck? This area must once have been used for mooring boats used for fishing in the Forth and probably ferrying people over.
 
 
The Ochils loooked great in the distance
 
 
 
I think this is Clackmannan Tower in the distance. Another walk?
 
 
And here is the new bridge. I want to walk over it - perhaps do the circular tour across the new then back over the old.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment