Saturday 23 August 2014

Glen Finglas


Well! this is a walk I never thought I would ever do. Its such a long walk but I felt ready for it today. We did it in an anti clock wise direction.
 






 
This part of the walk was fine. Quite easy at this stage
 



 
 
This kind of walk, is me in my element. Being in the middle of nowhere with a clear path in front of me.
 
 
I was starting to get a wee bit weary at this stage and was looking forwards to getting to the high point.
 
 
Yes made it.! It will be all down hill now.
 

The lovely Sally who is sooooo patient with me walking so slowly and moaning at the up hill bits!


 
Some kind of Fritillary?
 

 
Loch Finglas
 
 
How wrong was I thinking it was going to be easy from now on. It was up and down. up and down. Quite exhausting
 
 
We lay down in the grass for a wee rest
 
 
It took us 9 hours. I was so proud of myself. It was a fantastic walk
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your blog. I found it very interesting and it gave me ideas of where to walk in the area. This Glen Finglas walk is on my list, but I need to train for it first, I think...

    ReplyDelete